GuidePedia

6
I have recently come across series and series of requests both online and offline on how to deactivate MTN's CNN BREAKING NEWS update.
This service from MTN takes up N50 which is a whole lot of airtime credit. The annoying part is that when you subscribe initially, on one, I repeat, no one; including MTN tells you about the hidden charges.
I've got good news for you though!
I was browsing through Nairaland earlier today and I saw this post on how to unsubscribe from MTN BREAKING NEWS!
To do this kindly send and SMS with the content CNNBREAK STOP to 700. It's free and there are no hidden charges. But make sure it's a data-enabled phone!

Update 1:

I recently tried to deactivate the MTN CNN BREAKING news for a friend of mine and I discovered it wasn't working.
My apologies to those of you who have tried it and it did not work...
Just in case you are getting this same message:
SM0069-customer not registered for this service
I would want to propose a solution that worked for me...

If you happen to be on Twitter then it might as well be useful to know that MTN Nigeria has got a customer service help-desk on there... So here's what i recommend you do to deactivate the MTN CNN BREAKING NEWS

  1. Login to Twitter. If you don't have an account, simply sign-up. it's pretty easy and you'd be done in less than 6 minutes.
  2. Search for and follow  @MTN180
  3. When you are done foloowing... send a tweet to them and ask for a follow back. Something like "@MTN180, i am now following. kindly follow back" would certainly do. If you are not interested in following them, then just skip this step.
  4. Send a tweet mentioning their handle (@MTN180) and request for a deactiva from the MTN CNN BREAKING NEWS service... You could just send something like " @MTN180, pls kindly unsubscribe me from the MTN CNN BREAKING NEWS SERVICE".
  5. You most likely would get reply requesting you to DM (direct message) your phone number.
  6. Once you do that, they'd deactivate you from the service and send you a DM confirming this.



Update 2:

If the approach above dint work for you, here is a simple way to do this via  sms short code( thanks to Moscowap on Nairaland:

Simply text UFCNN to 700. 


Simple right? 


Ya!!! And that's all that needs to be done!


I hope you find this update useful... Thanks for visiting and do come back :)


Like this guide? Share with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.

Post a Comment

  1. Wow!!!! U rock mehn. The twitter stuff worked out perfectly. They did everything u said. I neva knew it was dis easy and i was wasting my time since sending nonsense messages. I appreciate dis a million folds. Tnks once again and remain blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Henry, I'm glad I could help out. Remain blessed too.

      Delete
  2. Thanks a great deal. The update 2 worked out. I have just been de-subscribed from the MTNPlay stuff. tnx alot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silas, u r welcome. it's a pleasure helping out.
      i hope u visit again soon

      Delete
  3. Anonymous2:06 am

    my case is different, i realy need to be off this "MTN Bshark Tech" that consume a whole hundred naira from me every month.
    i'm eagerly anticipating your response.

    ReplyDelete

 
Top